Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Frugal Idea

Ever have an epiphany that makes you wonder what you were thinking?
One of my children with special needs self stimulates in the form of rocking, banging, and bouncing.
This wreaks havoc on walls, floors, other people, but mostly on mattresses.
On nights when it's really bad (he rocks and bangs in his sleep) I end up putting him in my bed because it's on a different floor than his siblings, and I take the couch.
The Linda Blair rocking and banging leads to broken box springs, and even replacing his single and my queen with cheap mattresses every quarter or so is incredibly expensive, but I had tried pretty much everything, and nothing worked for long.

And then it hit me.....
Why not put the frames away, and just put everything, his mattress and box spring and mine, directly on the floor?

Duh frugal moment!

And that's really good because yesterday was a not so frugal day.......
It was mostly recurring bills, such as health insurance, car insurance, cell and home phone service, but a child's doctor's appointment turned into getting him take-out and a trip to Wal-mart, which anyone with children knows is a recipe for disaster.
$176.
Plus $20 for the take-out.
Ouch.
That was mainly groceries, but also ended up being a stock up trip for cold meds, dental care, and way too many convenience foods.
And without coupons, double ouch.
And my laptop power cord, of course the laptop with all my work stuff on it, just broke.
Ugh.

CC Debt: $22975.

No comments:

Post a Comment