Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Frugal Mommy Blogs

One of the first blogs I read each morning (I work at home and after getting the children off to school, I need coffee while waiting for inspiration to hit ;) ) is The Frugal Girl
It's a well written, friendly, charming eco-friendly personal finance blog about how to be a better home economist, written by a very approachable personal finance blogger Kristen.

One of the things I adore is her step by step (with pictures! Yay Kristen) tutorials on how to make frugal foods from scratch. Everything is here, from how to make easy to hard (for me, anyway) bread, pizza, all the basics that a mother should know, but (again, me) somehow never learned.
The Frugal Girl has inspired me to try my hands at many recipes I used to buy (next up, cheese bread, ) and even if you only read her Wednesday baking posts, it's well worth adding this gem of a blog to your personal finance favorites.

Another great frugal baking blog is Tammy's Recipes. Another frugal stay at home mom, Tammy juggles four littles (one a newborn) while frugally running her household. Another step by step cooking blogger, every one of Tammy's recipes has turned out really well, and her cheesecake is to die for!

Eat At Home is another frugal cooking inspiration blogger, with printable menus, recipes, and grocery lists. Updated daily, Tiffany's recipes are really easy to tweak, and very kid friendly. And pictures galore.

Three big frugal mommy bloggers are Money Saving Mom , Life As Mom, and The Krazy Coupon Lady. With these three, you'll get all the weekly coupon deals, printable coupons round ups, interspersed with financial goals.

The Coupon Mom
is another popular frugal mommy blogger, and while I just picked up her book, I haven't followed this frugal mommy blogger enough to give an opinion.

Work calls. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment